People often say to me that they feel like their home is boring and not styled. That they have all the basic things in their home, but that they want to give their home life!
I totally get that. Just like you need to accessorize an outfit you need to accessorize your home! I’m all about accessories whether I’m wearing them or placing them in my home.
Here are 8 items you can get to glam up any home.
1. Candles – you knew I was going to say that! I know I’m OBSESSED. You don’t need to be like me but having some candles on your coffee table or shelves can really add a nice detail and they’ll leave your home smelling nice. Just like people have their own personal scent, you can also create your own personal scent for your home that people will remember. Home Sense and Chapters Indigo always have great affordable candles and for luxury candles, I wrote a post about that HERE.
2. Coffee table books – they look good on your shelves and coffee table, hence the name : )
I did a post on some of my favorite ones, check that out HERE.
3. Trays are a nice way to not only style but organize your coffee table or front hall table. I’ve found a lot of mine at antique markets as well as at West Elm and Home Sense.
4. Vases, they look nice on their own and even nicer with flowers in them. I always love to have fresh flowers in my home. I collect milk glass, so a lot of my vases I’ve found at antique markets but I’ve also found some others at Black Rooster Décor.
5. Decorative dish or bowl, this is a good item to organize some of your smaller items like jewelry or matches. I collect vintage ashtrays; I love how they look on side tables and shelves. I also love Jonathan Adler trays.
6. Pillows, I have a bit of a pillow problem, I have too many! They look great on your couch and chairs. You can mix and match the colors, patterns and fabrics; I think they’re a great way to add some character to your home. I’ve found a lot of my pillows at Home Sense, Ikea, CB2 and West Elm.
7. Blankets, like pillows they’re a great way to add some colour and texture to a room, they’er also cozy so it’s a win, win! West Elm has some great throws as well as I’ve found some good ones at Home Sense.
8. Prints or artwork are always great, I have a gallery wall so I really like prints! Even if you don’t want a full on gallery wall, prints or artwork are always nice in any home, whatever your style may be. I think Etsy is a great place to find prints and I’ve found a lot of mine on there.
I hope you found this post helpful and hopefully it will inspire you to glam up your home : )
Below are some recent photos of my new home, it’s not done yet but it’s coming along.
Thanks for reading, xo