ANASTASIA BEVERLY DIPBROW Pomade
CHARLOTTE TILBURY Hot LipsLipstick in Kim K.W.
CHARLOTTE TILBURY Rock 'N'Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in VERUSHKA MINK
CLINIQUE High Impact Mascara
BENEFIT Hoola Matte Bronzer
STILA Lip Glaze inKaleidoscope
ARDELL Lashes in104 Black
HOURGLASS Ambient LightingPalette
BOBBI BROWN Shimmer Brick in Bronze
Over the weekend I visited Square One Mall for their Prom Day #SQ1Prom. Some of you may have caught my insta stories shopping around the mall for prom dresses, shoes, accessories and, of course, makeup! Even though I know how important it is to find your perfect dress, I know oh too well how hard it can be. It’s always the way when I’m looking for a dress I can’t find one and when I don’t need one and the event is long done, I find like 3 dresses! Ugh – anyways don’t stress over it, whether it’s your prom or any other special event where you want to look your best, I've listed some of my favorite tried and true makeup products I love using on myself and clients and are sure to give you that prom (or any event) ready look! And below are some tips I thought I’d share with you that will hopefully help you with your prom or any other big event.
1. Sometimes if you can’t find that perfect dress, get a plain dress and find some great accessories, like an amazing pair of shoes, a great clutch and fun earrings.
2. If a dress is not working out for you, try looking for a skirt and top option.
3. Makeup and hair really pulls any look together and in my opinion it may be the most important.
4. Either find a makeup artist (like me J ) who can do your makeup and take the stress away or practice doing your makeup the way you want it to look for that special night.
5. Have a hairdresser do your hair, or again if you’re planning on doing your own hair then practice your do! Also and this is my own personal experience, if you’re going to have a hairdresser do your hair for any event book in a trail appointment a week or so in advance. There’s nothing worse than leaving a hair salon for your big night hating the way your hair looks. I’m so happy I did this when it was my prom because the first go around I looked like Shirley Temple with an up do, it was not a cute look!
6. Get proper under undergarments, they make a huge difference! A proper fitting bra is so important and ladies don’t be ashamed to wear Spanx! Beyoncé and the Kardashian’s wear them so you can too!
These are all the tips I can think of right now, I hope you find them helpful and whether it’s your prom or any other event, I hope you have an amazing time and look and feel your best!
Also be sure to check out my new makeup insta feed @MakeupByTaraLeydon or on Facebook Makeup by Tara Leydon and if you’re in the Toronto/GTA area I am taking appointments J
Thanks again for reading!