The final stop on our Texas road trip was Austin! We didn't spend as much time there as we did in San Antonio and Marfa, but of course we had to see the capital of Texas and managed to hit up some fun spots!
7 Faves in Austin
1. Easy Tiger (Bake Shop & Beer Garden) is a fun place to get drinks and grab a bite to eat! We really enjoyed their house made pretzels, hand-selected cheeses, and breakfast. I also thought it was cool how they had a bakery/cafe upstairs and a creek side beer garden downstairs, so it was almost like you were in two different restaurants.
2. Uncommon Objects is an amazing antique and vintage store, which I could have spent HOURS in but we didn't have the time. However, I did end up leaving with a coyote skull and a milk glass vase -- both of which are items I collect!
3. Hotel San Jose is a little boutique hotel right on South Congress Ave (there are tons of shops and restaurants on this street) it was a great place to stop in and have a few drinks in their courtyard lounge.
4. Rainey Street is a street of historic bungalows that have been transformed into bars and restaurants with ample backyards and porches. I think this is such a unique idea, I wish there was something like this in Toronto.
5. Torchy's Tacos has damn good tacos! Although there were tons of places to get tacos in Austin, this was by far our fave! I loved how they had such a huge selection of tacos (they even have an entire breakfast themed list)! I recommend the Democrat or the Trailer Park.
6. Voodoo Doughnuts was a great surprise for me! I had always wanted to visit one since they opened in Portland, but had no idea that they had a location in Austin. It definitely lived up to all the hype! Erin and I tried a couple my fave was the classic sprinkle and Erin liked the Fruit Loop one.
7. In-N-Out Burger was also another place we didn't know was in Austin, so we stopped in on our way to the airport. I mean we couldn’t just drive past it!
All in all, Austin was fun place to spend a few days. I would definitely love to go back and spend some more time there!
Thanks for reading!